Monday, June 7, 2010

Days 3, 4, and 5

On saturday I went for a nice little three-mile run, and the rest of the day was a whirlwind of activity. Yesterday I took the day off.

Tonight was another night though, in which I flew. I wanted to wear just a sports bra. Pretty daring thing for me to do, right? Well I decided against it. Maybe next week. I weighed myself on Saturday and you know, I think that scale was lying. It said I was 125.5. I swear I'm a pound and a half more than that. I hate when scales do that.

The air was cool tonight and the humidity low. I had my favorite training partner, my Garmin watch, continually pushing me to go faster. Up and down the hills of suburbia for just over four miles I ran, sprinting a little here and there to see what I was capable of this early in the season. In my head were reels of fantasy footage of me racing in a 5K, trailing the lead girl the whole race, and then catching her off guard, sprinting into the finish and winning. I feel so alive right now, my lungs so clear from the fresh summer air mixed with laundry detergent.

Tomorrow morning I've got a six-miler on my plate. First one of the season. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment