Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 1

I thought that taking the day off yesterday would be a positive thing that would allow me to face today feeling fresh. Well, I was sorely mistaken. I planned on doing my long run of the week, five miles (yes I realize that for a long run, that's pretty wimpy), today and while I accomplished that, I certainly didn't do it with ease. I couldn't do a night run because I won't be home this evening, and thus had to deal with a lot of humidity and heat that felt way hotter than 77 degrees. I slogged through the run, somehow managing to keep it under 10 minute mile pace by a good bit, and as soon as I finished, I laid down on the front porch. Not once did I quit, although I did want to, I knew that shortcuts would get me nowhere. One run down. Three months from now, this same run will be the easiest one in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment