Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 0

What inspired me to write this blog was the impending date of my first race of the 2010Cross Country season. I, until I looked at a calendar, was convinced the race was on September 1st. I was wrong. I'm pretty sure the race is September 3rd. None the less, on a beautiful run last night I felt inspired to do something great. I wanted to be someone inspiring on my team, or atleast someone who could finish well, score points, and kick some Lafayette butt. Being inspiring would just be a bonus to all that. I've always found that, even if no one else is listening or watching, if there's the possibility of such, I have a higher success rate. So hooray for internet posting!

Oh, and the name? Well, since I don't like the heat and I've been doing my first few runs of the season at night, I've been watching the fireflies. When I was younger, I used to run around just for fun, chasing butterflies and fireflies. That's another thing I want to do this summer. Make running fun for me again. My first year of college nearly destroyed this notion. So that's why I'm chasing fireflies- to remind me to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment