Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 6

I meant to do a really early morning run but decided to take it easy after waking, seeing I had gone tobed late. As it stands, it's 10AM now and most teenagers I would suppose are just waking up, so I guess I couldn't have started my 6-miler that late. It's a cool morning, about 65 degrees, and there were very few clouds in the sky. The sound of a jackhammer pierced the morning. After just the first mile I could definitely feel the effects of my fast-paced run yesterday. Despite this, I was determined not to go slow. No sirree. I did the Stoney Road Hill route, which takes me into Jamison and back, and it was enjoyable. Only in the last mile and a half did I really try to fight, really work hard so that I would maintain that "under 9min/mile" pace. I ended up back on my property in a little over 52 minutes, having met my goal with room to spare: my pace was 8:43. It feels good to be meeting these little goals. I wonder what the rest of my summer will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment